Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy life?

I would have to say today was one of the best days I have had in a very long time. First, I got up at about 9. I slept in, but not too late. Second, I got ready for a date with Jared. We doubled with Alley and Curtis! When Curtis and Jared showed up we went over to the guys lounge and I watched them play pool. It wasn't as boring as I thought it would be :). We came back to the girls lounge where Curtis played the piano and Jared met Siara and Ashley. We waited for Alley to get back from her 5K. When she came back we made fruit kabobs and packed up the picnic basket. We grabbed all our stuff and walked to the gardens where we had set up our picnic in one of the pavilions. We had a very good lunch and then walked around the gardens.It was the very first time I had been through all the gardens. It was beautiful. We went up to the Hinkley building and looked out over campus. I loved it. Jared doesn't like heights. I don't blame him. We went back to the pavilion and grabbed our stuff then we walked to the Spori building and went through the art exhibit. After that we walked to the apartment to drop off the picnic stuff then we walked to Curtis's car where they gave us roses! That made me so VERY happy!!! Alley and I are hanging the roses upside down on my NCIS poster :). We went to Pizza Hut and got the pizzas then came back here where Madi, Bama, Lindy, Dave, Ashley, and Kendall were waiting for us. We ate dinner then did finger painting. The date started at 2 and ended at about 830. It was a long date, but the best one I have been on. I LOVED it. I love I have friends that are willing to come all the way up to Rexburg for me. I'm not expecting them to come back up. I guess it's cuz I don't expect anybody to come up here for me. I don't consider myself good enough for people to drive hours just to spend a day with me.

I couldn't ask for better friends. I couldn't ask for a better life. I love my life and the people in it. I love what I'm doing. I love where I am in life. It's hard sometimes and I know I haven't begun to experience the really hard stuff but I know with this gospel, the Lord, my family, and my friends I will be able to get though it.

So, is my life a happy life? I believe so.

1 comment:

  1. WOOHOO! I love this post. Thanks for sharing. You're the best! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete